Thursday, March 15, 2012

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival

I was imagining posting about the Cellar Door and Farm Gate day that we went to for the Food and Wine Fest, but it was pissing down all day, so after a few tastings and getting waterlogged feet, Soph, Betts and I went to Greenhouse for a "few drinks". The fried cauliflower at the Greenhouse went down well with a few White Rabbit Dark Ales and a few Little Creatures Pale Ales.

Even though Summer had ended by this time, I managed to tick off two "Places to Eat Before the End of Summer". Across the river from the Greenhouse (the Northside aka the Good Side!!) the food vans were out in full force. Whilst this pic is what Soph had, I went for the "health option" of Sausage and Ochra Gumbo - "I Love Gumbo". Then the next day, I went back for my first dining experience at the Taco Truck. While Chicken and Fish were going to be my choices, the fish sold out whilst in queue so I had to settle for Chicken and Potato. Since then, Taco Truck was at Golden Plains, so I got to sample the fish taco...twice!!


No comments:

Post a Comment